FY2021 -2022 Budget Goals
The County's long-term Comprehensive Plan outlines goals to be accomplished by the County through its various departments. Specific programs in the FY 2021-2022 budget address the goals set out below.
Goal 1: Promote a favorable environment for retaining and expanding existing business while attracting a wide variety of new business to proced employment opportunities.
- Participate in Economic Development planning for entire county.
- Support existing local businesses - Meeting will be held with Del Rio Chamber of Commerce, City of Del Rio, and Val Verde County in hopes of bringing all local entities together to establish economic development goals.
Goal 2: Utilize state-of-the-art equipment and methods to provied the appropriate an timely service authorized and allowed by law.
- We have established and are maintaining a county website to make county information more readily available to the publc.
- A video recording of all Commissioners Court meetings has been established to keep the general public informed of the county's business. We will continue to upgrade all of our technology in order to maintain a more efficient service to the public.
Goal 3: Assure that the County is a safe and attractive place to live, work and play.
- Continue the effort to establish a County Animal Shelter for the welfare and safety of the citizens of Val Verde County.
- Continually update educational and training sessions for emergency management.
- Continue to make fiscally responsible decisions in an effort to facilitate future construction of Justice Center and Sports Complex center in order to consolidate justice departments and retire old infrastructure.
Prior Fiscal Years Adopted Budget
- 2021 GFOA Adopted Budget
- 2020 GFOA Adopted Budget
- 2019 - 2020 Adopted Budget
- 2019 - 2020 Adopted Budget (Raw Data File
- 2018 - 2019 Adopted GFOA Budget
- 2017 - 2018 Adopted Budget
- 2016 - 2017 Adopted Budget
- 2015 - 2016 Adopted Budget
- 2014 - 2015 Adopted Budget (Pt 1)
- 2014 - 2015 Adopted Budget (Pt 2)